2013年4月7日日曜日

SMEのトーンアームよりいいのはどれかな。


Technics Epa-250 vs. Sme 3009
http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=52679


I have a Technics Sp-15 in an Sh-15b2 base. I am using a Grado Gold1 cartridge. Any thoughts on which arm Would be a better match? The Epa-250 will be used and I can get an essentially brand new Sme 3009. Also, which variant of the Sme? Thanks for any suggestions.


I'd imagine an AT-1010 would stomp all over any version of the SME 3009 - it's a massively overrated arm.

I mean, knife edge bearings - really? And their headshells are bobbins too. In the '60s compared to some of the brutal nightmares available the SMEs were great. Nowadays, less so. I'm not down on SME, I use a version of the 309 but that's a world of difference from the 3009.


Most of the EPA 500s I've seen have the low mass arm tubes fitted, so aimed more at upper league MM cartridges. The EPA 250 and the AT1010 have comparable effective mass according to the tonearm database so would be about equivalent in terms of cartridge matching. I have used the AT1010 with Ortofon MC25FL, Denon DL304, AT-OC9/MLII and AT33PTG/II and it played well with all of them, so works for moderate(Ortofon) to medium-high(Denon) compliance.

Your choice may come down to availability and price. Here in the UK the EPA arms are like hen's teeth; you may have more choice.

I can't imagine that you would be disappointed with either of them.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿